Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Handmade Holiday


Here’s my personal wish list for my own handmade holiday. This is my super indulgent – “I want these things bad” list. All are from Etsy artists who do wonderful work and whose artistry I have enjoyed for a long time. This is my holiday must-have list, so if you happen to see my family and they don’t seem to know, would you please tell them for me?

First off, I’m always trying to stay organized, so what better way to start the year than with a pretty calendar?

Being a jeweler, I don’t usually ask for jewelry, but how could I resist this pretty leather necklace?
 
And, of course, I’ll need a pretty place to keep it.



I’ve always got a sketchbook/notebook near me, and this one is just made for me, don’t you think?


 
Okay, who wouldn’t want to get this print from their own sweetheart? Hint, hint, Tom!


I’m always cold and these mittens look so pretty and functional. I love the fingerless variety of gloves and I could use some new ones for this year. These fit the bill nicely.

 
Pretty cutting boards are a bit of a weakness for me. I love the look of these with the natural edges and the thick board. Such pretty wood!

 Okay, family, this has been on my list for the last couple of years. I’d say it’s time. I would really LOVE to have this. Oh, I’ll need the iPhone in it too, that would be just perfect! 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/87956691/leather-iphoneitouchhtc-desiremozart
 
Antique keys with wallets – what a wonderful combo!

 
And, last but definitely not least,  this print just gets me – I love this image and I love picturing myself sitting here on a warm summer day just chilling. My grandparents had those chairs. I’m sitting there with them. We’re drinking lemonade. Ah, that’s my happy place…

 
I hope all of your holiday wishes come true and that, most of all, you are surrounded by people you love, doing things you enjoy and having a wonderful, memorable time. Happy Holidays!

Now let’s see what those fun team-mates of mine have in store – I bet there will be some great ideas that we’ll all want to add to our own lists!

 Mary Anne Karren - silverpearlmetalworks.wordpress.com/
Jessica @ Abella Blue - www.abellablue.com/blog
Elizabeth Brown – resurrectionsilver.blogspot.com
Lilian Genebra - www.girllovesglitter.blogspot.com/
Pennee- All Wired Up Jewelry Designs - allwiredupjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/
Claire English - brightstar109.blogspot.com/
Gayle - thisartistsjourney.blogspot.com
Nancy - nancysjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/
Autumn Bradley - www.autumnbradley.blogspot.com
Amy Estelle - amyestellemetalworks.blogspot.com/2011/12/handmade-holidays.html

2 comments:

  1. Great handmade picks Stacy! I'm always picking out jewelry I like. Can't help myself. Love the sketchbook and wallet as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gayle! I certainly find lots of jewelry that I love, there are some amazing artists out there, but it's just not on my wish list because I like to wear my own jewelry. Have a wonderful holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete